Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Site Stuff  (Read 1289 times)

keith

• KYWilderness Admin
  • KY Junkie
Site Stuff
« on: January 20, 2022, 09:33:28 AM »

I had accidentally turned off the "shoutbox" on the main page. It should be back on now. I notice that it doesn't get a lot of use, but there's the occasional message in there. that made me wonder about the content in the other side bars and whether anyone actually uses (or even notices) it. In the LEFT panel there are some quick links and then the User menu. On the RIGHT there are Recent messages. But, there's also a link to Recent posts at the bottom of the board index.

Anyone using them? Couldn't stand to lose them? Indifferent? Something you'd rather see?
"you can't make cherry blossoms by tearing off petals
to plant only spring does that"
Ikkyu (1394-1481)

keith

• KYWilderness Admin
  • KY Junkie
Re: Site Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 09:43:14 AM »

Thoughts on decommissioning the site altogether? Has it run its course? Is there something here that warrants keeping it running vs connecting as a community on other third-party sites? No plans, just wondering.
"you can't make cherry blossoms by tearing off petals
to plant only spring does that"
Ikkyu (1394-1481)

Bazinga

• Thru Hiker
  • Bush-whack Hero!!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 05:40:29 AM »

I use some, like the site just fine. I haven't been posting much lately...busy at work and play, plus some personal issues.  I check the site daily and always read new posts.
The cliff lines whisper "I have secrets to share".  But sometimes they lie!! :D

RCKT_RCCN

• Thru Hiker
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 07:09:47 AM »

I still enjoy the site even though I donít post much. Havenít had any time for adventures. I would hate to see the site decommissioned as I donít use any other social media platforms.

SharkeyFarmers

• Day Hiker
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 05:32:44 AM »

Same sentiment here. I just recently joined the website but have used it as a reference for years. There's a lot of valuable information here that would be sorely missed if it were gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Privacy Policy