Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LBL Backcountry camp spots  (Read 851 times)

RCKT_RCCN

• Thru Hiker
LBL Backcountry camp spots
« on: June 25, 2017, 04:31:20 PM »

Hey friends, need some help. I want to plan a weekend getaway to LBL this fall and want to do some dispersed camping but on the lake shore, preferably something near a dirt road that I can drive fairly close or right out on the shore. Anybody know any good spots? Or maybe if someone has a recommendation for one of the basic campsites. General help would be appreciated. It's such a huge area and I've only driven through once or twice.

Here's my wish list:

Lake shore
Paddling access nearby
Hiking Trails would be a plus
Seclusion
Large enough for several tents

Thanks in advance! Feel free to send a pm if you prefer

ShifuCareaga

• Thru Hiker
Re: LBL Backcountry camp spots
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:38:29 PM »

there's some stuff on my map, but that's about all I know. Have you tried calling the rangers there??

KYhiker40

• Thru Hiker
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 08:06:15 PM »

Seclusion isn't easy in that area, but if you go mid week on a non-Holiday weekend after Labor Day, you'll have the best chance.  I did a ton of research on that area and quite a bit of hiking in 2013.  I'll pull out my map and notes this weekend.  Send me your email & I'll scan some things your way.

RCKT_RCCN

• Thru Hiker
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 08:41:44 AM »

Seclusion isn't easy in that area, but if you go mid week on a non-Holiday weekend after Labor Day, you'll have the best chance.  I did a ton of research on that area and quite a bit of hiking in 2013.  I'll pull out my map and notes this weekend.  Send me your email & I'll scan some things your way.

This is exactly what I'm looking for! Pm with email coming your way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Privacy Policy