Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Utah  (Read 939 times)

rowerms

• Day Hiker
Utah
« on: January 05, 2017, 01:38:50 PM »

Hey!

Planning vacation to Utah this spring. The early plan is to fly into Vegas ,renting a vehicle, and venturing over to Antelope, Zion, and Bryce and/or Grand Escalante.

Looking at a weeks time

Any advice from those that have done a similar trip, fire away!

copper creek

• Thru Hiker
  • I hope my knees hold out
Re: Utah
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 07:56:18 PM »

My wife and I spent one day each at Zion and Bryce Canyon when we traveled in a loop around the Grand Canyon.  At both places our time was limited, so we did shorter hikes.  I think two of the more adventuresome hikes at Zion, if you have the time, are the hike up to Angel's Landing (if you are in good shape and are not afraid of heights), and the hike either into the "Narrows" upstream/downstream as far as you want to go, or the complete downstream 16 mile hike (which I think requires a permit).  Shorter hikes are the Emerald Pools Trail, Canyon Overlook Trail, and Weeping Rock Trail.  We weren't camping, so at Zion we stayed at Springdale, just outside of the park.  At Bryce Canyon, we did the shorter rim trails and overlooks, and rode horses down into the canyon to be amongst the Hoodoos (that was fun).   At Zion you are at the bottom of the canyon, looking and hiking up/down; and at Bryce you're at the top looking and hiking down/up.  Both parks are very different from each other and both are beautiful to see.  Both are also very popular and can become crowded at times, depending on when you visit.  We drove by the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument but didn't have the time to check it out.  I think you could find more remote areas to explore and fewer people there, if that is what you are wanting.

ShifuCareaga

• Thru Hiker
Re: Utah
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 10:22:08 PM »

Hey!

Planning vacation to Utah this spring. The early plan is to fly into Vegas ,renting a vehicle, and venturing over to Antelope, Zion, and Bryce and/or Grand Escalante.

Looking at a weeks time

Any advice from those that have done a similar trip, fire away!

you might consider seeing Pando while you still can, and while it is still alive. Mankind's pollution is probably what's killing it... because after  like 80,000 years or more, they think it is dying. Go figure. My goal is to see it this year, and visit my friend in salt lake city.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Privacy Policy