Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trip Report: Selway River Trail (Idaho)  (Read 880 times)

Mark W

• Contributor
  • Thru Hiker
    • My Photo Album of Outdoor Scenery
Trip Report: Selway River Trail (Idaho)
« on: August 01, 2016, 02:15:51 PM »

A trip report from a four-night, 50-mile hike earlier this summer in Idaho. The trip report is published in the online magazine TrailGroove. My friend Justin from Kentucky joined me on the hike. We met when working at the long-closed Mazzoni's Restaurant in high school, fun piece of trivia for you Louisvillians!

The Selway River Trail

Most backpacking trips enter a figurative “Paradise” at some point or another. It could be an exquisite sunset, a perfect campsite, or time spent mesmerized by a waterfall. My trip along the Selway River Trail with my stalwart backpacking companion Justin had the amusing distinction of actually beginning at a Paradise. The Paradise boat launch and trailhead in the Bitterroot National Forest in a remote corner of Idaho, to be exact. From here we would follow the Selway River downstream for approximately 50 miles and pass through some of the most remote country in the Lower 48...

Read more at:
http://www.trailgroove.com/issue29.html?autoflip=41

Betania

• Day Hiker
Re: Trip Report: Selway River Trail (Idaho)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 08:26:48 AM »

Great report!  Thanks for sharing.
In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. - John Muir

RCKT_RCCN

• Thru Hiker
Re: Trip Report: Selway River Trail (Idaho)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 08:41:25 AM »

Mark, what an amazing channel through which to share your immense gifts of writing and photography! Loved the look and feel of the digital magazine. Very snazzy. The trip report was delightful as always.

I am certain that I'm not the only one who expects to one day see our friend Mark writing columns for the pages of globally distributed magazines. Keep up the good work, and thanks for always remembering the ole' folks at home back in Kentucky!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Privacy Policy