Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The perfect backpacking pillow  (Read 982 times)

KYhiker40

• Thru Hiker
The perfect backpacking pillow
« on: April 03, 2015, 08:06:14 PM »

Every now and then something just works out perfect.  I had to share this one, because I've never heard of this one before.

So, you know those inflatable pillows they sell at the airport that passengers put behind their head to sleep?  I came across one of these inside my suitcase and the idea immediately hit me.  Why haven't I tried this in the hammock???

So, I tried it.  PERFECT.  It weighs virtually nothing, takes up zero pack space, inflates in seconds, deflates in seconds, never slides out from under my head, and is very comfortable.  Genius.  No more stuffing a stuff sack with clothes that go flat in the middle of the night.  No more deciding between staying warm or using my down jacket as a pillow.  No more inflating a zip lock bag for a pillow and hoping that the food odor doesn't cause a bear to eat my head in the middle of the night.-)  No more attempting to use my shoes or backpack as a pillow.  No more suffering with a stiff neck from having no pillow.

The answer is simple.  Use a pillow as a pillow!  An inflatable pillow.

Bazinga

• Thru Hiker
  • Bush-whack Hero!!
Re: The perfect backpacking pillow
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:58:02 PM »

Your a genius!!  :)
The cliff lines whisper "I have secrets to share".  But sometimes they lie!! :D

Redbeard

• Thru Hiker
  • Howdy!
    • Cartercentral
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 12:41:27 PM »

Nearly broke my neck during camp trip last weekend.  Then yesterday I came across this deal.  Bought two for $16, free shipping too.

$9 inflatable pillow

KYhiker40

• Thru Hiker
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 06:34:02 PM »

2 for $16 is a heck of a deal!  Me, I find that the pillow tends to slide off the sides of my hammock and I find myself fishing to pick the pillow up off the ground in the middle of the night, all while trying to stay inside my sleeping bag.  ???

I like the airplane pillow because it has "arms" that slide around your neck, so it stays in place.

Heck of a deal.  You should provide the link.  I'd like some for car camping.

Redbeard

• Thru Hiker
  • Howdy!
    • Cartercentral
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 09:34:23 PM »

You should provide the link.  I'd like some for car camping.

Link is above photo.  "$9 inflatable pillow"

10/2016 - For anyone considering this pillow, save your money.  After two uses the valve separated from pillow and now won't hold air.  RIP OFF!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:05:56 PM by Redbeard »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Privacy Policy