Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back from a Rugged Hike in the BSF  (Read 1047 times)

wornoutboots

• Thru Hiker
Back from a Rugged Hike in the BSF
« on: April 07, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »

Escaped for a few days into a small part of a rugged gorge in the BSF. I headed down & got my permit from the Hitching Post just past Bandy Creek & parked there as well. I recommend them to everyone, this is the 2nd time I've patronized them & they stay open later then everyone else down there, live across the street since they also own the horse lodge! I ended up only doing @ 5% of the exploration I had planned, I made a one newb mistake forgot that inside a heavily walled gorge, the old logging roads cross the streams many many times & I wasn't prepared to cross thigh high water since I was just overcoming a cold. I did a lot of bushwhacking & I already can't wait to go back!! I just hung up with Bandy Creek reporting a strange mystery that I found out there, a deserted newer mountain bike. It was 3+ miles from any trail & near the stream? Anyway, I can't wait to go back & if any of you adventurous types want to head down, it will be an amazing adventure!! I'm thinking it will take @ 3-4 days to explore the main gorge & could take a few months to xplore all the side logging roads & drainage's.  Here are a few pix
take a little time to watch the trees dance with the wind.....then join in the dance

wornoutboots

• Thru Hiker
Re: Back from a Rugged Hike in the BSF
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »

more pix
take a little time to watch the trees dance with the wind.....then join in the dance

wornoutboots

• Thru Hiker
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »

a few more

copper creek

• Thru Hiker
  • I hope my knees hold out
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 06:16:16 PM »

Big South Fork, Bandy Creek, Boots, Bushwhacking, Bike, Beaver, and more- sound like a great trip.

Mark W

• Contributor
  • Thru Hiker
    • My Photo Album of Outdoor Scenery
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 10:23:06 AM »

Looks just like my kind of trip. Glad you had a good time. Odd to find that bike, though. Would've creeped me out a bit, to be honest.

I second the recommendation for the Hitching Post. Good people and a decent place to grab a bite to eat in the area.

Let me know next time you're headed down that way; I think I know which area you were in and there are a few things there I'd like to check out myself.

wornoutboots

• Thru Hiker
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 07:50:29 PM »

Will Do Mark! Yeah I found the bike so far off trail & directly across from a real nice well flowing small drainage coming into the stream from the opposite side.  I really want to xplore that little drainage more than before I found the bike.  I'll text you when I have my next trip set, I'm thinking thinking 2 weeks from now say down @ 4/26, 4/27.  Anyone else interested, let us know. The plan would be to hike from the Hitching Post @ 5-10 miles a day lollygagging & exploring all the way. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Privacy Policy