Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank-you  (Read 3257 times)

KERA

• Over Nighter
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thank-you
« on: August 08, 2002, 09:38:43 PM »

I want to say Thank-you to all the people responsible for the excellent trail descriptons and maps that are available on this web site.  We hiked the Whittleton Branch and Arch trail this morning and the information I found  here was a big help.  This is only our second hike in the NBSP and RRG area but we plan to return again soon.

Cliftyman

• KY Junkie
  • Enjoying my little wide world
Re: Thank-you
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2002, 03:43:25 PM »

The first time I went to the Gorge would have been a disaster without Arthur, Timbros, Keith and everybody elses help.  I can plan for days and still take a wrong turn down a trail that doesn't even look like a trail.  Arthur's descriptions of all the trails in the Red is awesome.
erchomai kurios lesous...

Arthur

• KYWilderness Admin
  • Thru Hiker
  • Get out!
    • Kywilderness.com
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 11:29:37 AM »

hey guys glad you found something useful on the site.  

thanks for all the praise, but i got to admit while i did participate in the logging of each of those trails, keith actually wrote the majority of them.  If i had written them you guys would probably still be bumbling around in the woods. :-)
What a time we had; splashed through bogs, ate like hogs, slept like logs  -- Holling Gustaf Vincoeur

KERA

• Over Nighter
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 12:18:59 PM »

Then a big Thank-you to Keith!  I have 4 books on hiking trails in Kentucky which have good descriptions of the trails in them, but I think the trail guides found here are so much better especially for someone who isn't familiar with the territory.

keith

• KYWilderness Admin
  • KY Junkie
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2002, 12:56:43 PM »

glad you liked 'em.  For some reason we got it in our heads that we were going to hike every trail in the Red and write a trail description.  We (read "I") decided to make it fairly descriptive (and therefore less interesting).  I don't think they make for good reading if you're not actually on the trail you're reading about, but I hope they do a good job of giving you an idea of where you are and what to expect from anywhere you might be on a particular trail.

Art's modesty should not go unpunished.  He took nearly all of the pictures of trail markers/signs.  And, he put up with me (or was it vice versa?) week after week to put in all of those miles in a reasonably short span.  You can believe we were fairly tired of hiking in the Red by the time we were finished.
"you can't make cherry blossoms by tearing off petals
to plant only spring does that"
Ikkyu (1394-1481)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Privacy Policy