Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41
National forest waives recreation fees for Veteran's Day

WINCHESTER, Ky., Nov. 6, 2017 In honor of Veterans Day, all districts of the Daniel Boone National Forest will waive recreational use fees at several locations on Saturday, November 11. The fee waivers apply to all forest visitors at designate ...

Read More

0 Comments
Forest Service encourages safe hunting season

WINCHESTER, Ky., Nov. 6, 2017 The modern gun deer season in Kentucky begins Saturday, and many hunters are expected to seek their game in the Daniel Boone National Forest.

Since the forest is shared among multiple users, Forest Service officials are u ...

Read More

0 Comments
Forest Service volunteer group receives regional award

WINCHESTER, Ky., Nov. 1, 2017 At a special awards ceremony in Atlanta on Thursday, the U.S. Forest Service will present the 2017 Regional Foresters Award to groups and individuals who have made significant contributions to natural resource manag ...

Read More

7 Comments
I found Red Byrd Arch last weekend via the Douglas trail and crossing the Red at the "confluence". Once I crossed the Red, I couldn't find any trail and I just made my way following animal trails close to the Red, and bushwhacking thru Rhodos following GPS coordinates to Red Byrd Arch.

It's was a beautiful day...

Read More

1 Comment
Take the journey out to Old LAnding Ridge Rd from Irvine. Then backtrack slightly and head towards Spencer Ridge Rd on your way towards Booneville. There's a junction I have added to the Hidden Map (hiddendestinationsky.com) in a little seen place called Ida May, KY. From there you can wind your way ...

Read More

0 Comments
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41

Privacy Policy