Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41

GOLDEN POND, KY - A unique Kentucky State Park tradition Eagle Watch Weekends will be offered once again in January and February.

Full Article

Read More

1 Comment
Took a buddy out for his first overnight backpacking trip on Thursday night, hiked the 7 mile segment around Indian Lake in Hoosier National Forrest. We had a overnight low of 18F, but he did great. It was special being there on a Thursday night in the cold, not seeing or hearing a single other person...

Read More

2 Comments
I tried something new this weekend, thought I'd share. I'm curious what easy low weight high calorie backpacking recipe's you all enjoy?

I found Vermicelli Noodles near the chicken/beef broth at my local Kroger. They are a thin rick noodles, which are perfect to just add hot water meals.

For ...

Read More

0 Comments

More like Failed Trip Report...

So last weekend the wife and I set out for a short two day trip.. We originally were going to start near Angel windows at the Rough Trail Trailhead, hike out and up Sheltowee to Indian Staircase.. I am glad and angry we switched.. I now know how long the trail is from

Read More

3 Comments

Nope, not an attempt at an April Fool's Joke . . . there is a full page photo of Hopewell Arch in the January 2018 edition of Backpacker. The article mentions the user trail to get there, Snow and Double Deer Arches (which oddly it said were more well-known, which I didn't think was the case), and o

Read More

14 Comments
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41

Privacy Policy