Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2021, 05:09:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

ShifuCareaga

September 05, 2021, 03:38:18 PM
wow the time flies, and so does summer.
Much love to you all, on trail or off!  ;)

ShifuCareaga

July 01, 2021, 04:22:52 PM
greetings from afar/anear  :D

Arthur

March 11, 2021, 02:46:17 PM
ADMIN in the house!!   How has everyone been doing?

Bazinga

November 26, 2020, 06:41:38 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!!! Gobble Gobble  ;D

keith

July 04, 2020, 06:22:36 PM
Happy Independence Day!

Show 50 latest
10 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: London/Stearns Dispersed Camping  (Read 426 times)

RCKT_RCCN

• Thru Hiker
London/Stearns Dispersed Camping
« on: March 21, 2021, 12:06:38 PM »

Everyone, looking for some help. I have historically done most of my camping in the Red River Gorge area, but with the increasing crowds and strain placed on the area Im looking to venture further south. Would anyone have suggestions of great locations to disperse (primitive backcountry) camp either on the London district or Stearns district? I would prefer to aim for areas south of Livingston. I would also like to know if there are any established primitive backcountry campsites with fire rings. I dont mind to hike in a little bit, but would also be interested in spots that might be friendlier to a short <1/4 mile walk from the vehicle (similar to what one might experience for much of the Gorge area).

So, what experience do you all have in the southern half of the Daniel Boone? Vehicle safety, forest service campgrounds and such are also welcome to be discussed.  Please feel free to share generally, and if you have more specific spots (thinking actual campsites or coordinates) youd be willing to share Id prefer a PM to save some mystery from the masses. Areas of particular interest include Cane Creek WMA and the western side of BSF.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy