Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2019, 11:25:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Bazinga

October 12, 2019, 07:24:47 AM
YAY!! Cooler Weather has Finally Arrived!!!  ;D

ShifuCareaga

January 02, 2019, 11:28:09 AM
tick warning. My kids picked up ticks WAYY out of season at BSF and Marrowbone, so check yourselves...

ShifuCareaga

August 30, 2018, 11:32:44 AM
Went on a site survey; got destroyed by chiggers n ticks more than I ever have on any single hike. Land owners were clear cutters. Awful.

Bazinga

May 18, 2018, 09:08:29 PM
This old lady is officially on Vacation!!  Rented a cabin in BSF next week. :)

ShifuCareaga

April 29, 2018, 12:03:39 PM
The red was looking great yesterday. Wish I had time to go to Muir today.

Show 50 latest
30 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BSF 3 day 2 night trip.  (Read 440 times)

Smoovoperator

• Day Hiker
BSF 3 day 2 night trip.
« on: June 08, 2019, 10:19:53 PM »

Hello everyone, this is a rather long video of our 3 day, 2 night trip in the big south fork. It was a rainy mess, but a super fun trip. The rain was actually enjoyable for most of the trip. As usual, it is pretty crummy quality. Sorry for all the jittery video. I hope too many of you don't puke! ha! we started at the lick creek trail, went up to lick creek falls, princess falls to the Sheltowee, to negro creek trail where we camped for the night. we then went up the negro creek trail to the yahoo falls trail, back to the Sheltowee, and camped at the same camp site as the night before. We then retraced our steps back to the car, and had a delicious meal at the dairy bar I think it was called.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI-WztX4lgA
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 10:32:43 PM by Smoovoperator »

Ewker

• Over Nighter
Re: BSF 3 day 2 night trip.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:56:18 AM »

Nice video thanks for sharing
Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

shaman

• Thru Hiker
  • TreeHugger | Environmentalist | Farmer
    • t.r. filbin~photography
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:11:05 PM »

Really nice! The water was falling quite nicely over Yahoo. I paused the vid there and will go back and look at it some more after supper.

* Hey, I find when I start to get jittery, a shot or two of bourbon slows it down tremendously. :P

Can't wait to kick back and view the rest of it! Thanks for posting this.

I'm gonna guess this video is new (I'm getting a warning that it is old, like 2012?) because the YouTube post was May 29th of this year. Probably a glitch in the kywilderness site. It happens once in awhile.

Thanks again.

~ Sha

***    https://shaman.smugmug.com    ***
                   EARTH FIRST
                  No Compromise   

~ TR

onemansadventure

• Day Hiker
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 05:23:27 PM »

Very nice stuff!  Enjoyed watching.  For future reference, up Cotton Patch Creek is a real nice waterfall.  Has a small old coal mine behind it as well.
http://kywaterfalls.com/dir/index.php/cumberland-plateau/1994-cotton-patch-hollow-falls

Also there is Negro Creek Arch that is off trail and on the top side of the cliff lines in that general area as well.  To note, outrageGIS maps has it located on the wrong ridge.

shaman

• Thru Hiker
  • TreeHugger | Environmentalist | Farmer
    • t.r. filbin~photography
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 09:01:27 PM »

Very nice stuff!  Enjoyed watching.  For future reference, up Cotton Patch Creek is a real nice waterfall.  Has a small old coal mine behind it as well.
http://kywaterfalls.com/dir/index.php/cumberland-plateau/1994-cotton-patch-hollow-falls

Also there is Negro Creek Arch that is off trail and on the top side of the cliff lines in that general area as well.  To note, outrageGIS maps has it located on the wrong ridge.

Beautiful photo of the arch! Great angle and the colors really 'hit home', meaning it makes me feel the humid air and smell the dirt and plants and sandstone.
Thanks for sharing the photo and for the correct location of the arch. I hope not too many people were misguided by the wrong location listing.
***    https://shaman.smugmug.com    ***
                   EARTH FIRST
                  No Compromise   

~ TR

Smoovoperator

• Day Hiker
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 08:33:05 AM »

Thanks, shaman. Yes, we were actually lucky it was raining as much as it was. The temperatures were perfect for rain,  and made for an excellent view of the falls. Rats, I would have loved to see the area you posted in pictures. We walked right by there. Guess I have to go back! Ha! Yeah, it was from this year. Not sure why it is showing it as an old post. Strange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy