Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2019, 12:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Bazinga

October 12, 2019, 07:24:47 AM
YAY!! Cooler Weather has Finally Arrived!!!  ;D

ShifuCareaga

January 02, 2019, 11:28:09 AM
tick warning. My kids picked up ticks WAYY out of season at BSF and Marrowbone, so check yourselves...

ShifuCareaga

August 30, 2018, 11:32:44 AM
Went on a site survey; got destroyed by chiggers n ticks more than I ever have on any single hike. Land owners were clear cutters. Awful.

Bazinga

May 18, 2018, 09:08:29 PM
This old lady is officially on Vacation!!  Rented a cabin in BSF next week. :)

ShifuCareaga

April 29, 2018, 12:03:39 PM
The red was looking great yesterday. Wish I had time to go to Muir today.

Show 50 latest
37 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Agnes Slater SL2 Tent - great deal  (Read 780 times)

KYhiker40

• Thru Hiker
Big Agnes Slater SL2 Tent - great deal
« on: September 01, 2018, 06:07:35 AM »

If you're looking for a new tent, you won't beat this value. I just picked up the Slater SL2 from REI Outlet, with an EXTRA20 discount code good thru 9/2, only $180 included tax & shipping.

The tent arrived with a big thunderstorm coming thru so I set it up immediately in my back yard and rode out in the storm in the tent.  This thing was awesome.  Other than the downpour hitting the rain fly, I had no idea it was raining.  I opened the front entry vestibule door and was greeted to heavy wind in my face.  From inside the tent I saw no signs of wind at all.  It was a fortress against this storm. 

The interior is very roomy for a 2 person tent.  Any reviews online that talk about lack of headroom or sagging walls are from people who don't know how to set up a tent.  It took me all of 5 minutes to set up for the first time and I didn't see any of these issues in that big storm yesterday evening.

I bought this for the typical Kentucky November - March hiking seasons, intending to use during my cold winter trips.  At a little over 4 pounds, this looks to be exactly what I was looking for.  The design of the tent allows from plenty of air flow to prevent condensation and the use of thin ripstop nylon for the interior walls, and the design of the fly, will increase the interior temperatures nicely. 

So yes, I'm hanging up my summer time hammock and going to a winter tent.  And old guy like me needs a place to stretch out these tired legs. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy