Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2018, 07:39:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

ShifuCareaga

August 30, 2018, 11:32:44 AM
Went on a site survey; got destroyed by chiggers n ticks more than I ever have on any single hike. Land owners were clear cutters. Awful.

Bazinga

May 18, 2018, 09:08:29 PM
This old lady is officially on Vacation!!  Rented a cabin in BSF next week. :)

ShifuCareaga

April 29, 2018, 12:03:39 PM
The red was looking great yesterday. Wish I had time to go to Muir today.

ShifuCareaga

April 12, 2018, 12:34:27 AM
Hang Em High Horse Camp, or White Oak Boat in; north a bit from there near Horse Lick Creek is the S-tree primitive camps, it's actually quite nice.
If you want large, then of course you're back to state park and lake campgrounds.

Pat Curran

April 05, 2018, 05:40:14 PM
I'm looking for info regarding backcountry camping in the DBNF London District, preferably near Buck Creek.  Bee Rock and Rockcastle Campgrounds are both closed and we'd prefer to camp more primitively. Little Lick is small and best suited for horses.
Suggestions?

Show 50 latest
36 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 Hinterlands  (Read 501 times)

rowerms

• Day Hiker
2018 Hinterlands
« on: July 25, 2018, 10:15:19 AM »

I was poking around online and saw that Hinterlands got a new release in 2018. Anyone flipped through it to see if anything of significance was added?

Just curious.

RCKT_RCCN

• Back Packer
Re: 2018 Hinterlands
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 11:15:23 AM »

From the author's website: http://www.lostbranch.com/book%20updates.htm

4/23/2018

Okay, the new edition of Hinterlands is available and in the hands of several retailers. The old edition is out of print and I forsee no new printings. The new edition includes several new trails, along with better maps and photos, and I believe that there's enough new stuff to attract even those thoroughly familiar with the earlier editions. I rehiked every trail that's included in the new edition, along with many that didn't make the cut. One new trail leads to an overlook which, in my opinion, is alone worth a couple of sawbucks. I hope everyone likes the new edition. I'm personally happy with it, but it's not perfect. The first printing didn't fully meet my expectations, but since I don't know what the problem was, I may not be able to correct it. Only time will tell. Also, this edition is essentially a solo effort. Other than those mentioned in the book, who gave me advice and hiked with me, I did everything. . . . which means that there are probably typos. I apologize, but after 5, 6 or however many books I've written, I've worn all my friends out and feel bad about asking for assistance, again. I don't make enough money to repeatedly pay editors, proofreaders, etc. so this edition is raw. If the errors are too ubiquitous, I might correct them with a new edition. Or I might just leave them, like Tom Baugh (Starving the Monkeys), to irritate the publishers who weren't interested in my books and snobby OCD types. I read and reread countless times, but proofreading is tedious business. If you don't catch something on the first pass, you probably won't afterwards.

Emphasis added is mine.

rowerms

• Day Hiker
Re: 2018 Hinterlands
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 10:58:11 PM »

Saw that, was hoping for the inside scoop as opposed to a sales pitch. 😂

Appreciate the assistance though!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy