Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2018, 12:09:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Bazinga

May 18, 2018, 09:08:29 PM
This old lady is officially on Vacation!!  Rented a cabin in BSF next week. :)

ShifuCareaga

April 29, 2018, 12:03:39 PM
The red was looking great yesterday. Wish I had time to go to Muir today.

ShifuCareaga

April 12, 2018, 12:34:27 AM
Hang Em High Horse Camp, or White Oak Boat in; north a bit from there near Horse Lick Creek is the S-tree primitive camps, it's actually quite nice.
If you want large, then of course you're back to state park and lake campgrounds.

Pat Curran

April 05, 2018, 05:40:14 PM
I'm looking for info regarding backcountry camping in the DBNF London District, preferably near Buck Creek.  Bee Rock and Rockcastle Campgrounds are both closed and we'd prefer to camp more primitively. Little Lick is small and best suited for horses.
Suggestions?

ShifuCareaga

February 22, 2018, 01:13:51 PM
intending to hit raven's run this Sunday, msg me if you want to go

Show 50 latest
29 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jock Falls and Town Creek Falls  (Read 72 times)

ShifuCareaga

• Thru Hiker
Jock Falls and Town Creek Falls
« on: July 06, 2018, 10:00:29 PM »

Any tips on where to park and how to hike into that gorge? Seems like all the directions I try end up at private residences... Is there a trail locals use?

onemansadventure

• Day Hiker
Re: Jock Falls and Town Creek Falls
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 10:46:49 AM »

Town Creek you park along the edge of the highway, climb over there guard rail and head into the woods. There is a faint deer path/trail.

Jock Falls you creek walk to, from Town Creek. Any other way is across private property.

ShifuCareaga

• Thru Hiker
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 09:53:23 AM »

Town Creek you park along the edge of the highway, climb over there guard rail and head into the woods. There is a faint deer path/trail.

Jock Falls you creek walk to, from Town Creek. Any other way is across private property.

that's what I was thinking was it was only via the creek.  OK when I go to try JF again I'll get em both.  Probably Fall.

onemansadventure

• Day Hiker
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »

that's what I was thinking was it was only via the creek.  OK when I go to try JF again I'll get em both.  Probably Fall.

The only problem is, when Town Creek Falls has perfect flow, Beaver Creek (which Jock Falls is on) will be brown and raging.  Will make it impossible to creek wade and will make Jock Falls just about disappear with the high flow.  Best thing to do is see them on different trips for perfect flow of each.

ShifuCareaga

• Thru Hiker
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »

That's interesting! Thanks for the tip. So one in dry season, one in wet season?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy