Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2018, 06:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

ShifuCareaga

August 30, 2018, 11:32:44 AM
Went on a site survey; got destroyed by chiggers n ticks more than I ever have on any single hike. Land owners were clear cutters. Awful.

Bazinga

May 18, 2018, 09:08:29 PM
This old lady is officially on Vacation!!  Rented a cabin in BSF next week. :)

ShifuCareaga

April 29, 2018, 12:03:39 PM
The red was looking great yesterday. Wish I had time to go to Muir today.

ShifuCareaga

April 12, 2018, 12:34:27 AM
Hang Em High Horse Camp, or White Oak Boat in; north a bit from there near Horse Lick Creek is the S-tree primitive camps, it's actually quite nice.
If you want large, then of course you're back to state park and lake campgrounds.

Pat Curran

April 05, 2018, 05:40:14 PM
I'm looking for info regarding backcountry camping in the DBNF London District, preferably near Buck Creek.  Bee Rock and Rockcastle Campgrounds are both closed and we'd prefer to camp more primitively. Little Lick is small and best suited for horses.
Suggestions?

Show 50 latest
30 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turkeyfoot Campground  (Read 81 times)

Lizking531

• Over Nighter
Turkeyfoot Campground
« on: July 05, 2018, 12:53:16 PM »

(so I might be a little slow at work today....)

Just recently heard about this place, reading the forest service page about it. Couple questions for my curiosity. I'm looking to get out of town in the near future with some non-backcountry camping folks, so I'm exploring new (to me) options

Anyone have any experiences they'd care to share?

Is the road too steep for a front wheel drive small SUV?

It looks like gravel pads, can hammocks be strung up? - are there enough adequate trees in camp?

Does War Fork around the campground generally have water in it this time of year? 

Is it safe? - will my camp get robbed/car get messed with if I leave camp hiking for the day (obviously that can happen anywhere, but seems like some spots are hotter than others in that regard)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 03:25:09 PM by Lizking531 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy