Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2012, 12:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

ShifuCareaga

August 30, 2018, 11:32:44 AM
Went on a site survey; got destroyed by chiggers n ticks more than I ever have on any single hike. Land owners were clear cutters. Awful.

Bazinga

May 18, 2018, 09:08:29 PM
This old lady is officially on Vacation!!  Rented a cabin in BSF next week. :)

ShifuCareaga

April 29, 2018, 12:03:39 PM
The red was looking great yesterday. Wish I had time to go to Muir today.

ShifuCareaga

April 12, 2018, 12:34:27 AM
Hang Em High Horse Camp, or White Oak Boat in; north a bit from there near Horse Lick Creek is the S-tree primitive camps, it's actually quite nice.
If you want large, then of course you're back to state park and lake campgrounds.

Pat Curran

April 05, 2018, 05:40:14 PM
I'm looking for info regarding backcountry camping in the DBNF London District, preferably near Buck Creek.  Bee Rock and Rockcastle Campgrounds are both closed and we'd prefer to camp more primitively. Little Lick is small and best suited for horses.
Suggestions?

Show 50 latest
24 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bark Camp Creek Trail  (Read 282 times)

Lizking531

• Over Nighter
Bark Camp Creek Trail
« on: July 05, 2018, 12:45:54 PM »

Anyone familiar with this trail? 

I'd love to make it down there & use the shelter, thinking a weekday is going to be the best bet there.

Most all reports talk about how pretty the trail is, but I've also read some reports of the parking situation being sketchy over there, with regards to break-ins/vandalism... Is it really worth it to park elsewhere & shuttle around, making a thru-hike out of it?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 12:54:44 PM by Lizking531 »

onemansadventure

• Day Hiker
Re: Bark Camp Creek Trail
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 10:52:37 AM »

I mean anything in that area has the possibility of break ins. Drugs are pretty bad in some areas around there. Even Cumberland Falls Lodge parking lot has had a lot of break ins and it is 24 hour staffed and lighted.

I've never had a problem, but the key is to leave nothing in your vehicle, but there is always the risk. The hike is really pretty, but I've never spent the night. Always done it in a day.

Mark W

• Contributor
  • Thru Hiker
    • My Photo Album of Outdoor Scenery
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 01:27:58 PM »

I'd strongly recommend doing this as a point-to-point hike. I did two trips this way and thought it was an excellent hike:
http://www.kywilderness.com/forum/index.php?topic=6911.msg45016#msg45016
http://www.kywilderness.com/forum/index.php?topic=6906.msg44993#msg44993

Not much you can do about vehicle security, but I didn't have any issues when parked overnight at Cumberland Falls.

It's a beautiful trail and the shelters were in pretty good shape a few years ago. Enjoy!

Lizking531

• Over Nighter
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 11:41:28 AM »

I understand anywhere can be a break in area, just curious as some trips reports sounded fairly concerned about this parking lot in particular.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy