Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 10:47:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

thedayhascome

December 05, 2017, 09:14:28 AM
Just returned from the Red. Enjoyed beautiful sunrises and the super moon, it was an awesome time!

Bazinga

November 23, 2017, 07:22:04 AM
Turkey & wine today, Hiking in the gorge tomorrow. Life is GOOD!!!

ShifuCareaga

October 31, 2017, 10:08:51 AM
That's my surmise as well. I've seen also, about 4 or 5 all black wooly worms. That... is weird.

Arthur

October 25, 2017, 02:22:14 PM
There is a little color here, probably be about as good as its gonna get this weekend, but I just don't think its going to be a good year for it

KYhiker40

October 24, 2017, 06:58:54 PM
How are the leaves looking about now? I'm headed to RRG this Friday.

Show 50 latest
24 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forest Service Reconstructing Tunnel Ridge Road  (Read 116 times)

thedayhascome

• Over Nighter
  • Josh
Forest Service Reconstructing Tunnel Ridge Road
« on: January 04, 2018, 10:50:00 PM »

Tunnel Ridge Road in the Red River Gorge is in poor condition and in need of repair. The U.S. Forest Service will temporarily close the road to all motor vehicles beginning Sunday evening, January 7th to facilitate road reconstruction.

It will remain a gravel road. The road bed is being rebuilt and drainage improved to accommodate heavy visitor use. They will allow foot traffic unless parking interferes with construction crews and/or hikers become a safety risk.

The project is expected to conclude by March 1st and Tunnel Ridge Road will reopen to motor vehicles once all work is completed. Chimney Top, Rock Bridge and Sky Bridge Roads remain open but may be closed due to inclement weather or winter road conditions. For additional information, please call the Cumberland Ranger Station at 606-784-6428.

https://www.facebook.com/danielboonenf/posts/2012429402105833
I go to Nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put together. John Burroughs

6.5lbs base weight | https://lighterpack.com/r/86ugs2

KYhiker40

• Thru Hiker
Re: Forest Service Reconstructing Tunnel Ridge Road
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:38:37 AM »

YES!!!!  Can't wait to go to Auxier Ridge with TRR closed!!!

wsp_scott

• Over Nighter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 10:05:56 AM »

Thanks for that update. I know where my winter hiking will take place, hopefully everything will take longer than expected and spring hiking on Auxier Ridge will be quiet as well.

I wish the Forest Service would just shut TRR to cars altogether. Or at least shut it past Grays Arch.

thedayhascome

• Over Nighter
  • Josh
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 10:24:28 PM »

Exactly, hit up the user trail from Martin's Fork right up to the Auxier TH. Probably have most of that area all to yourself. I plan on doing just that before the road opens back up.
I go to Nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put together. John Burroughs

6.5lbs base weight | https://lighterpack.com/r/86ugs2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy