Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2018, 01:00:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Bazinga

May 18, 2018, 09:08:29 PM
This old lady is officially on Vacation!!  Rented a cabin in BSF next week. :)

ShifuCareaga

April 29, 2018, 12:03:39 PM
The red was looking great yesterday. Wish I had time to go to Muir today.

ShifuCareaga

April 12, 2018, 12:34:27 AM
Hang Em High Horse Camp, or White Oak Boat in; north a bit from there near Horse Lick Creek is the S-tree primitive camps, it's actually quite nice.
If you want large, then of course you're back to state park and lake campgrounds.

Pat Curran

April 05, 2018, 05:40:14 PM
I'm looking for info regarding backcountry camping in the DBNF London District, preferably near Buck Creek.  Bee Rock and Rockcastle Campgrounds are both closed and we'd prefer to camp more primitively. Little Lick is small and best suited for horses.
Suggestions?

ShifuCareaga

February 22, 2018, 01:13:51 PM
intending to hit raven's run this Sunday, msg me if you want to go

Show 50 latest
24 Guests, 1 User
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GREAT Fall drive for you...  (Read 308 times)

ShifuCareaga

• Thru Hiker
GREAT Fall drive for you...
« on: October 19, 2017, 11:03:33 AM »

Take the journey out to Old LAnding Ridge Rd from Irvine. Then backtrack slightly and head towards Spencer Ridge Rd on your way towards Booneville. There's a junction I have added to the Hidden Map (hiddendestinationsky.com) in a little seen place called Ida May, KY. From there you can wind your way back west through Wind Cave region OR head NE towards the Gorges and MTN Parkway.

This Spencer Ridge Rd is empty, flat, gravel, and amazing. I'd even take my car up there.

Enjoy.

side update: I have 330 locales left to do for the book; I did 42 in WKY 3 weekends back. This weekend I start re-tackling southern KY... there's 98 to do down yonder. Also Bluegrass and NE KY have some left for filler.

But the book(s) now have nearly 800 photos, that's 1 per locale except places like RRG, Mammoth etc...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy