Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 05:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

keith

October 09, 2017, 09:16:36 AM
Nice!

Bazinga

October 06, 2017, 09:01:11 PM
On vaca today,  :)
Brews, backyard, camp fire,   Off to a good start.   :)

ShifuCareaga

July 05, 2017, 02:35:23 PM
ouch!! haha that's gotta bite.

I'm just trying to decide where to go camping this weekend!!

Bazinga

July 03, 2017, 06:54:05 PM
Stupid flat tire ruined my hiking plans.  :P

ShifuCareaga

March 06, 2017, 11:19:53 AM
Really missed being out yesterday. Rest is important, though. I hope all of you are having a good spring!

Show 50 latest
23 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Awesome creek hike  (Read 83 times)

wsp_scott

• Over Nighter
Awesome creek hike
« on: August 26, 2017, 10:00:40 AM »

This is not a secret place, in fact, it was mentioned here just a couple months ago. I saw other footprints, so this creek is definitely not a secret. I also saw a fire ring and rock "chairs" in one of the rockhouses. I would hate for this to become a "destination" that anyone can find with a little googling, so I am not mentioning the name of the creek. I'll happily provide details if you PM me.

I got to the trailhead about 10, the thermometer said 65 degrees. The forecast was for upper 70s and sunny, aka a perfect day for a creek hike.

First, I hiked the trail to a well known waterfall and had lunch

I then started at the bottom of the creek and worked my way back up to the top. The water was mostly ankle/calf deep, but in places it came up to my crotch. It was a little chilly and I was glad to be doing this in August vs. May.

The good news is I had a great time and on top of it, I only saw one snake :)

I'm going to try to get back there before it gets too cold with my camera and tripod for some better photos.

RCKT_RCCN

• Back Packer
Re: Awesome creek hike
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 01:16:31 PM »

As a person who has also done this hike in the exact same order, I can testify that it is amaz..er, I mean, it's terrible. Not worth your time, full of poisonous spiders and snakes and certain death. Stay away!  :P

Thanks for sharing. I do love that area, maybe even more than other areas that are heavily frequented.

wsp_scott

• Over Nighter
Re: Awesome creek hike
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 10:20:09 AM »

I should have mentioned the 10 foot rattlesnakes and the only know alligators in KY, that would likely keep people away :)

Part of what makes this area so great is that is not popular and trashed. Hope it stays that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy