Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 11:58:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

ShifuCareaga

July 05, 2017, 02:35:23 PM
ouch!! haha that's gotta bite.

I'm just trying to decide where to go camping this weekend!!

Bazinga

July 03, 2017, 06:54:05 PM
Stupid flat tire ruined my hiking plans.  :P

ShifuCareaga

March 06, 2017, 11:19:53 AM
Really missed being out yesterday. Rest is important, though. I hope all of you are having a good spring!

Bazinga

November 24, 2016, 02:29:39 PM
Gobble, Gobble.  Happy Turkey Day!!  :D

ShifuCareaga

April 24, 2016, 04:38:09 PM
If people don't get out there... they are missing it... wow what a great weekend for getting out!

Show 50 latest
19 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jessamine Creek Cleanup  (Read 73 times)

ShifuCareaga

• Back Packer
Jessamine Creek Cleanup
« on: July 24, 2017, 02:51:08 PM »

2017 BOTANICAL FIELD TRIPS IN CENTRAL BLUEGRASS: Saturday, July 29th to Jessamine Creek Gorge

Please let me know if you want off this revived monthly email list, but feel free to notify others who may be interested. Email me (Julian Campbell) at: campmeet@gmail.com; cell phone, 859 229 7711; home, 859 271 4392. During 2017 I will focus on two sites: Griffith Woods (Harrison County), and Jessamine Gorge (Jessamine Co.). I will try to alternate monthly trips between these two sites, and these trips will usually be on the last Sat. of each month. Also, we will usually WORK in the morning on trails and honeysuckle-reduction, then WALK in the afternoon. But there may be variations. There is no fee, but donations may be encouraged to worthy non-profits that support these sites.

The next trip will be on Saturday July 29th to Jessamine Creek Gorge, working to reduce honeysuckle in the morning (9 am to 12); then hiking in the afternoon at 1-4 pm. We will meet at 9 am and 1 pm for car-pooling in Wilmore, in the city parking lot by the railroad tracks on East Main Street (Route 1268) about 1000 ft southeast from the downtown crossroads with Lexington Avenue. Please come 15 mins early because we will leave promptly at 9 am and 1 pm. If you come in the morning, bring a small handsaw and/or loppers suitable for cutting 1-3+ inch honeysuckle. I will bring glyphosate and applicators. We will probably concentrate on private land off Figg Lane (with permission). But we will also discuss and plan the broader program that we need to help manage the county's land and reduce problems along Corman Lane. The county has recently formed a committee to help, and it will be good to increase the pool of local volunteers for this effort.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy