Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2017, 02:42:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

ShifuCareaga

July 05, 2017, 02:35:23 PM
ouch!! haha that's gotta bite.

I'm just trying to decide where to go camping this weekend!!

Bazinga

July 03, 2017, 06:54:05 PM
Stupid flat tire ruined my hiking plans.  :P

ShifuCareaga

March 06, 2017, 11:19:53 AM
Really missed being out yesterday. Rest is important, though. I hope all of you are having a good spring!

Bazinga

November 24, 2016, 02:29:39 PM
Gobble, Gobble.  Happy Turkey Day!!  :D

ShifuCareaga

April 24, 2016, 04:38:09 PM
If people don't get out there... they are missing it... wow what a great weekend for getting out!

Show 50 latest
25 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creek walking with kids  (Read 1427 times)

wsp_scott

• Over Nighter
Creek walking with kids
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »

I was inspired to take my kids hiking by this article on Trail Groove http://www.trailgroove.com/issue31.html?autoflip=131

I thought some of you might appreciate some pictures of yesterday's hike with my kids. I know that this waterfall is not a secret, but I picked up way too much garbage so I am not naming it.

This was the kids introduction to creek hiking. Tevas or watershoes for them, regular hiking shoes for me. They had no issues with wet feet, I'm hoping to get them used to wet feet so backpacking is easier in the future.

Only passed two young women on our way to the car (about 10 minutes from the road), so once again it felt like I owned the gorge.

The water below the falls was really low, you could touch the waterfall without getting your feet wet, never seen it that low before.

If you want to see more pics of the backs of my kids (I don't put their faces online), there are more here https://backpackandbeer.blogspot.com/2017/06/wet-waterfall-hike.html

ShifuCareaga

• Back Packer
Re: Creek walking with kids
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 10:15:08 PM »

it's because it's gotten so dang popular. It's bound to bring the Trash... oh and you'll find garbage, too.

Litterers irritate me.   >:(

Cute pictures! Thanks for cleaning up as you go...

wsp_scott

• Over Nighter
Re: Creek walking with kids
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 11:41:03 AM »

it's because it's gotten so dang popular. It's bound to bring the Trash... oh and you'll find garbage, too.

Litterers irritate me.   >:(

Cute pictures! Thanks for cleaning up as you go...

My oldest liked the look of a couple campsites until I pointed out all of the broken beer bottles in the fire ring. Then, she was just confused why someone would do that. It seems double stupid to me, first you carry in bottles, like you can't get beer in a can. Then you decided that it would be a good idea to break a bunch of them in the fire???

The garbage in the gorge really frustrates me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy