Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2017, 02:42:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

ShifuCareaga

July 05, 2017, 02:35:23 PM
ouch!! haha that's gotta bite.

I'm just trying to decide where to go camping this weekend!!

Bazinga

July 03, 2017, 06:54:05 PM
Stupid flat tire ruined my hiking plans.  :P

ShifuCareaga

March 06, 2017, 11:19:53 AM
Really missed being out yesterday. Rest is important, though. I hope all of you are having a good spring!

Bazinga

November 24, 2016, 02:29:39 PM
Gobble, Gobble.  Happy Turkey Day!!  :D

ShifuCareaga

April 24, 2016, 04:38:09 PM
If people don't get out there... they are missing it... wow what a great weekend for getting out!

Show 50 latest
25 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Article: 3 lost hikers rescued at Red River Gorge (On the way to Gray's Arch)  (Read 285 times)

Captain Blue

• Day Hiker

POWELL COUNTY, Ky. —

Three hikers were rescued Tuesday night after getting lost in Kentucky’s Red River Gorge.

Authorities said a mother and two teens got turned around while hiking at the gorge, a popular canyon system located near Lexington.

Search crews said the trio was attempting to hike to Gray’s Arch, but somehow got turned around.

"We went the wrong direction and we didn't find out until we found a really steep hill," Jeremy Moore, one of the three hikers, told our partners at WLEX-TV. "It just kept going up and we knew it wasn't anywhere near."

The lost hikers called for help. Rescue crews at first tried to guide them out over the phone, WLEX reports.

The phone calls were unsuccessful, so two search crews were sent down two different trail systems. Authorities said the hikers were found safe, and guided back to familiar territory under the moonlight.

Link: http://www.wlwt.com/article/video-shows-crash-involving-edmond-school-bus-1493831631/9600062

ShifuCareaga

• Back Packer

glad they were safe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy