Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 03:33:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Bazinga

Today at 07:22:04 AM
Turkey & wine today, Hiking in the gorge tomorrow. Life is GOOD!!!

ShifuCareaga

October 31, 2017, 10:08:51 AM
That's my surmise as well. I've seen also, about 4 or 5 all black wooly worms. That... is weird.

Arthur

October 25, 2017, 02:22:14 PM
There is a little color here, probably be about as good as its gonna get this weekend, but I just don't think its going to be a good year for it

KYhiker40

October 24, 2017, 06:58:54 PM
How are the leaves looking about now? I'm headed to RRG this Friday.

keith

October 09, 2017, 09:16:36 AM
Nice!

Show 50 latest
28 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Article: 3 lost hikers rescued at Red River Gorge (On the way to Gray's Arch)  (Read 311 times)

Captain Blue

• Day Hiker

POWELL COUNTY, Ky. —

Three hikers were rescued Tuesday night after getting lost in Kentucky’s Red River Gorge.

Authorities said a mother and two teens got turned around while hiking at the gorge, a popular canyon system located near Lexington.

Search crews said the trio was attempting to hike to Gray’s Arch, but somehow got turned around.

"We went the wrong direction and we didn't find out until we found a really steep hill," Jeremy Moore, one of the three hikers, told our partners at WLEX-TV. "It just kept going up and we knew it wasn't anywhere near."

The lost hikers called for help. Rescue crews at first tried to guide them out over the phone, WLEX reports.

The phone calls were unsuccessful, so two search crews were sent down two different trail systems. Authorities said the hikers were found safe, and guided back to familiar territory under the moonlight.

Link: http://www.wlwt.com/article/video-shows-crash-involving-edmond-school-bus-1493831631/9600062

ShifuCareaga

• Back Packer

glad they were safe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy