Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2017, 11:57:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

ShifuCareaga

July 05, 2017, 02:35:23 PM
ouch!! haha that's gotta bite.

I'm just trying to decide where to go camping this weekend!!

Bazinga

July 03, 2017, 06:54:05 PM
Stupid flat tire ruined my hiking plans.  :P

ShifuCareaga

March 06, 2017, 11:19:53 AM
Really missed being out yesterday. Rest is important, though. I hope all of you are having a good spring!

Bazinga

November 24, 2016, 02:29:39 PM
Gobble, Gobble.  Happy Turkey Day!!  :D

ShifuCareaga

April 24, 2016, 04:38:09 PM
If people don't get out there... they are missing it... wow what a great weekend for getting out!

Show 50 latest
20 Guests, 1 User

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daniel Boone National Forest welcomes new deputy  (Read 188 times)

Arthur

• KYWilderness Admin
  • Thru Hiker
  • Get out!
    • Kywilderness.com
Daniel Boone National Forest welcomes new deputy
« on: November 07, 2016, 08:40:11 PM »

Daniel Boone welcomes new deputy

WINCHESTER, Ky., Nov.7, 2016 – The Daniel Boone National Forest welcomes Scott Ray as Deputy Forest Supervisor.

“Scott comes to us from the Francis Marion-Sumter National Forest in South Carolina where he served as natural resource staff officer,” said Forest Supervisor Bill Lorenz.

“With his wealth of knowledge in natural resource management, as well as his work experience with conservation partners, Scott will be a great asset to the Daniel Boone.”

Ray is a Kentucky native who grew up in the Keavy community of Laurel County. He began working with the U.S. Forest Service on the London Ranger District as a student volunteer at age 16.

Following his interests, Ray attended Murray State University where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in wildlife biology. He is certified as a wildlife biologist by The Wildlife Society, an international organization for wildlife professionals.

After graduating college, Ray worked for Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources at Ballard Wildlife Management Area and for Tennessee Valley Authority at Land Between the Lakes.

Ray’s work eventually led him to the Forest Service Savannah River Station and the Osceola Ranger District in Florida before transferring to South Carolina. Ray has also served in several acting ranger assignments and as a regional stewardship coordinator for the Eastern and Southern Regions.

“I look forward to coming home to Kentucky and being closer to my family and longtime friends,” said Ray.

“The Daniel Boone National Forest feels like home to me, so I look forward to expanding my Forest Service career in the place where it all began.

“My wife and three children love Kentucky as much as I do, so we’re all very excited about this opportunity.”   
What a time we had; splashed through bogs, ate like hogs, slept like logs  -- Holling Gustaf Vincoeur
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Recent

Privacy Policy