Kywilderness.com Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Arthur on November 04, 2013, 06:04:50 PM
Forest Service waives recreation fees for Veteran’s Day
WINCHESTER, Ky., Nov. 4, 2013 – In honor of Veterans Day, the Daniel Boone National Forest will waive fees at several recreation areas. The fee waivers apply to all forest visitors at designated locations.
“As a way to celebrate Veterans Day and remind everyone of this significant occasion, we are waiving fees at our most popular recreation areas,” said Forest Supervisor Frank Beum.
“Our nation’s veterans, as well as those who are currently serving in active military duty, have made many sacrifices to protect our country. We want to honor them and show our respect for their service.”
On Friday, November 8 through Monday, November 11 camping fees are waived at the following national forest locations:
• Red River Gorge - Powell, Menifee and Wolfe counties
• Koomer Ridge Campground - Wolfe County
• Barren Fork Horse Camp - McCreary County
• White Sulphur Horse Camp - Bath County
• Clear Creek Campground - Bath County
• Claylick Boat-in Campground – Rowan County
• Bee Rock Campground - Laurel and Pulaski counties
In the Red River Gorge area, backcountry campers staying overnight in the gorge will not be required to have a fee permit.
Recreation fees are waived Saturday, November 9 through Monday, November 11 at the following day-use sites:
• Redbird Crest Trail - Clay and Leslie counties
• White Sulphur OHV Trail – Bath County
• Clear Creek Shooting Range - Bath County
• Appletree Shooting Range - McCreary County
• Laurel River Lake boat ramps - Laurel and Whitley counties
• Cave Run Lake boat ramps - Bath and Menifee counties
• Natural Arch Scenic Area - McCreary County
For more information, call 859-745-3100 or visit the national forest website at www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone.